Friday, August 21, 2009

Too Much Fun for the First Night of College

We took Stuart to college on Tuesday. When we left him, his room was filled with so much love, friendship, familiarity, and laughter that I couldn't be sad. Later Tuesday night, he sent us this pic from his I-Phone.

Going to college is supposed to be lonely and scary at first. The college freshman is supposed to sit on his quiet bunk missing all the thing he left behind.

For my middle son who chose Prom Not to Be, God was so faithful to go before him and make his way to college very smooth. I'm not saying there won't be plenty of adjustments ahead, I'm just rejoicing in what's happening now.

The food report so far is: Great!
My first son said the same thing... could be a commentary on Mom's cooking.

The people report so far: Everyone is so friendly here!
He ate dinner with the javelin thrower for the track team and said he was cool.

Oh...and...he texted last night...

(BTW, "texting' was invented specifically for me and Stuart. Since we finally got unlimited texting, we have the best conversations, and I get "I love you" a lot!)

...to tell me that he would be eating his words regarding a piece of furniture I had unsuccessfully tried to sell him on putting in his dorm room.

My reply was, "Stuart, you have been at college less than a week, and you have learned so much already!"

One small victory for Mom... but he has still not requested the medical mask...oh, well.

4 comments:

  1. It's truly a shame that he's so lonely and forlorn. And he has absolutely nothuing to entertain him in that stark bare-four-walled dorm room.

    Isn't the text-o-shpere the best! You're doing great, Mom! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to read your posts and imagine what it will be like when my girls are grown up. I'm not ready for that quite yet, but it is fun to see the relationship that you have with your "big kids." :) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream of the the three boys once. They we're grown up and driving the Jeep and pulling up to the White Oak house. THis dream was years and years ago. Where have I been since that dream has obviously long been a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - oh, that was SUCH a cute post! Well good for him... and good for you too! And here's to a successful year!

    Love,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete