Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Left Behind


 Twenty three years of a wild, swirling whirlwind winding down before my eyes. No soothsayer could have foreseen a month like Hillcrest Cottage is experiencing.

DAY ONE: Now-married son and awesome daughter-in-law cram their U-Haul full and hit the highway towards their first post assignment in Oklahoma.



Very Tired After Hours and Hours of Packing

The bookshelves tell the story best about my book-loving oldest son. I guess he really meant it... 
this time he's gone for real.





Day Two: Now-college-senior son returns to his newest digs in University Town. It has been an incredible summer of having him around Hillcrest Cottage.


The Perfect College Guy House Complete with Peeling Paint


College-senior's latest house has a bit more space so he left this Hillcrest Cottage room very... 
un-occupied


This Room Needs a Creative Touch 



With two gone, and the last son leaving in three weeks, Lucy's face conveys the mood around here more than words can accomplish. 

And, she will wait in his room for several days until she finally realizes he's not coming back.


Lucy... Your buddy is gone.




Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven... a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance."

This has been a summer of dancing, laughing, celebrating, but also... 

weeping and mourning 

because what mom watches with delight as her children leave... one-by-one... all in one month's time? 

When a chapter is ending, it is healthy and good to mourn the closing. 

I know God has cool things ahead for me; I am greatly anticipating all the new adventures which I know He will bring to me. In this parenthesis period, however, I am finding it is good to move slowly and thoughtfully toward the newness. 

As for today, I will continue to clean and vacuum all the cyclone has left behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment