Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hello... Good-Bye

The best days begin like this:

Coffee and think- time on the porch.



Being a huge fan of gardens and secret places, I love this door. Follow me through the hedges...




To my favorite warm- weather morning spot.

A hidden place where I drink coffee and listen to the birds and contemplate my day.



Especially incredible in May when the breeze is still cool and the hydrangeas are in full bloom.



I love these big showy bushes... my favorite of all flowers!

Good-bye to you, May, with your sweet cool temperatures, last chiminea nights before summer, happy-sad endings, transitions, and graduations.

Hello to you, June, when the mercury rises and stings along with the sunburns and bug bites, but I welcome the easing of schedules and sleeping a bit later and watching my high school senior enjoying lake trips, fishing, morning football work-outs, and earning money at his part-time job... making some of life's sweetest memories.

I look forward to two short cadet visits and the return of middle son after summer school ends. Maybe a vacation will appear magically in the midst of all these plans. If not, I will continue to be renewed by coffee, birds, and my secret garden.

6 comments:

  1. .... i wish i had a magic door like that in my backyard ... still, I have the same feelings about sitting on my screened in porch with all of the missing doors ... in the mornings with my coffee ... in the evenings with a glass of wine ...

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so blessedly peaceful. Do enjoy.

    Your jydrangeas are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello to you! Long time no see, girl.

    I'm sitting here in a blanket with a heater on and it's what, May 29?

    Yikes! I hope June bring warmer temps and sunny days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for a minute there I was worried that you were quitting blogging. Whew!!!

    Personally, I'm glad to see May go. We've had a HORRIBLE spring--much too cold and wet for me. I'm so ready for summer. :)

    I wish I had a little secret corner of my garden like that. It is so peaceful looking. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Bev! Your posts are always so uplifting :) I've always loved your secret garden, but those hydrangeas of yours... they are simply to die for! Hydrangeas are my favorites too, especially the blue ones. Lovely! Enjoy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really warmed my day and slowed me down a bit. I thnk we would be great friends if I livedin Little Rock. I can so sonnect to your sentiments.

    Enjoy June and your cadet visits. Think of you often.
    Love,
    DeAnn

    ReplyDelete