Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blooming

Wherever I am planted I hope that I will always find a way to bloom. This flower teaches me that great lesson:

Dear Flower: You were beautiful. Sorry I ran over you when rolling the trash can to the curb.

It has been a slow week at Hillcrest Cottage. We are waiting for the two college boys to roll in, we will soon make a very special announcement, and there will be lots of delayed 4th -of -July- type celebrations. Homemade ice cream, Hillcrest Cottage's famous "watermelon" sugar cookies, and lots of carnivorous grilling will be on the agenda.

Mac the Labradoodle is on high alert at her top-of-the-front-stairs post, anticipating the guys arrival.



Beautiful Lucy the Goldendoodle-less celebrates being One Year Old!



And... I continue to de-clutter and prepare for Hillcrest Cottage's Art and Very Cool Stuff Sale.

MUH-OH is HO-HUM backwards... Framed 1920's Sheet Music For Sale $25.00

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm intrigued about the big announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Lucy is a year old! Can't wait to learn what watermelon cookies are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I know what that announcement is and I can STILL hardly wait! :D Sounds like you have so many FUN things in store - YIPPEEE! And girl - you are SO on a roll with all your decluttering! I'm so proud of you! :)

    P.S. I can't believe Lucy is a year old already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exciting! Will wait (impatiently) for your news. :)

    ReplyDelete