Friday, January 18, 2013

I Paint Furniture

In case you haven't heard me say this before, "I paint furniture."

The following is a piece which went from "great aunt drab" to beautiful! I wanted to share it today because I am participating in Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday.

This Chest is Painted with Robin's Egg Blue by Maison Blanche

Finished with a Dark Wax Also by Maison Blanche


Slight Distressing Around Keyhole & Brown Paint Spatters


 It's a beautifully sunny day here at Hillcrest Cottage. I am thinking I might have to check out some neighborhood estate sales in a few minutes.

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful piece.

    I just finished Miss Mustard Seed's book. Loved it.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, am wanting to buy the book and read it...haven't yet gotten there.

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL job! Perfect color and LOVE how you distressed it! Hopped over from MMS and happy to be your newest follower! Would love to have you stop by for a visit! I'll go "like" you on FB too! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is gorgeous! I've been studying painted furniture lately because we've purchased a rental town home, and I need to furnish it this summer . . . cheaply! I thought it would be fun to find some old pieces (cheap!) and paint them. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Annie Sloan Chalk Paints and also Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paints. Both are two good ways to start...no prep work needed!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete